Monday, September 15, 2014

One day, when perception met reality...

At the crossroads one day, in midlife somewhere, perception met reality.
Boastfully,she asked "Why do you still exist my friend? When all that the 'human' now cares is only me and the parallel. He wants to be either in his virtual life (where he tries to show what he wants) or parallel life (where he acts as what he wants himself to be) 
So whether his mother is lonely somewhere,his kid needs him sometime,his spouse wants to connect with him,his sibling wants to entertain him,his friends want the real him - he still cannot let me go anywhere anytime. Right from morning alarm to good night kiss,I am a part of him,so where is the need for you my friend?"

After a big sigh,reality replied "I am like the shadow to the human. When he is in the best of his times, bright and cheerful,trying to live his virtual life and be perceived as somebody,I may not be visible to everyone. But perception,you have a limited life and no sustenance without a periodic booster. You try instigating each human to turn into a megalomaniac. And when you fail him,you deceive him,I make him understand that perception was never here to stay. Instead goodness,hope,inspiration,compassion,humility,hard work are for real. That there is a real purpose to every human's presence and when he engulfs himself with his perceived image,it takes longer for him to discover why he exists.Perception,I stay here to undo the damage you do to him.I stay so that he does things which matter. I stay to make him understand, it matters not what he is thought to be,but what he actually is!" 

2 comments:

  1. This is the type of post which can strike a different cord with different people. Here's what i got out of it.
    the times when reality speaks are popularly known as the moments of truth. and those times can be tough, especially for those who had forgotten that it even existed. Such is the strength of perception that it can in fact silence reality and make it look like perception if and when it speaks up. but i think it works well for some. some people live and die living in perception (even before the social media happened, mind you). if they are lucky those moments of truth never happen. it is those who acknowledge that perception and reality are different AND let reality speak every once in while, that suffer.

    PS: blogger's comment app sucks. i have no idea where my previous comments have vanished. hope this one atleast goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So there is an inherent assumption in what you say, that people living in perception will never face reality. Or they do face but do not acknowledge instead find a way to boost their perception even more. There is one more assumption here that facing and accepting reality is always tough. Not really. Being able to accept reality once will relieve you of so many perception management issues for lifetime. It's similar to I would say long term vs short term gain :) I had comment moderation in place earlier which I have removed now. But I could not see your pending comments on any other blogpost.

    ReplyDelete